Monday

Principle

Principles are a part of every person's life. People's loves revolve around the principles that they set for themselves. Children often learn the principles from their parents, peers, and surroundings. There is one principle that I will always live by which was passed down to me from my mom. That principle is to always enjoy what you do and to do what you enjoy.
People should never have to do something that makes them upset and unhappy. My mom is a great example for me and that principle. She always followed her heart and did what she wanted and believed in instead of letting others affect her choices. She has always enjoyed working and interacting with other people and it shows in all of her career choices.
I used to go back to China every summer to teach English at the kindergarten my mom had opened before I was born. I really enjoyed working with the kids but there was always something missing which lacked my full attention and interest. This past summer I was accepted in the Youth Volunteer Corps at Brookfield Zoo. I decided to try it for a summer and I ended up loving it. I was able to still interacting with other people and teach guests new information they might not have known but I was also able to enjoy being near animals and the outdoors. My mom has happy that I enjoyed what I did and encouraged me to keep doing it. This would be the one principle that I would pass on to others because there is no point in doing something that you do not truly enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I think your principle is a great one. Happiness is one of the most important parts of life. I am glad you shared this principle with readers. I also like your explanation with examples. It helps me better understand the principle.

    ReplyDelete